Sunday, September 4, 2016

Can't think of a title...

Sorry, I couldn't think of a title for the email. Anyways, so I just had my second fast-Sunday here on the mission, which means that I've been in Australia for nearly a month! It's crazy to think that there is only one more week in my first transfer. I heard that there are 24 new missionaries coming in next transfer, which is going to be crazy! The days here are kind of long, but the weeks are really short, and the months seem just as short!
Anyways, it's been another good week. We've been doing a LOT of door knocking, or in Australian lingo, "heaps" of door knocking. That's one of the words they use a lot here. Also, fun fact, they call slippers "thongs", which threw me off when they first said it. But yeah, back to door knocking, we've done a lot of it this week, and we've met a lot of people. Unfortunately, I didn't get any crazy experiences from it to share, like being attacked by a dog or yelled at by someone. I think I'm improving on talking to random strangers now which was really difficult at the beginning of my mission. Who would have known that talking to strangers was a good thing (don't teach your kids that)! I've continued to meet many great people, and also interesting people.
I guess the last thing I'll talk about in this email is how small things can have a big ripple effect. I've been reading through the Book of Mormon from the beginning while I've been out here, and I recently read about Ammon (what a cool name) and how he started by converting King Lamoni. Converting him basically lead to the conversion of his father, which lead to multiple kingdoms that the father ruled being converted to the gospel. They became the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's, then the people of Ammon, and they laid down their weapons of war and their testimonies were greater than even most of the Nephites'! I think that's how the story goes. Anyways, we may not be able to convert thousands, but it's important to realize that our small and simple acts can have huge affects on those around us, and we can determine whether that is a positive or negative affect. Anyways, I'll talk to you all next Monday,
Sincerely,
Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment