Sunday, April 9, 2017

Revelation!

Finally! General Conference! This past Saturday and Sunday we were able to watch it, and I was able to receive a lot of revelation and helpful insights! I'll probably finish this email with one of my favorite talks or something.

Anyways, being the last week of the transfer, it's been really busy. Lot's of cleaning, planning, and then General Conference Weekend. We also got to go to an Easter Choir thing that the stake put on, which was pretty cool. They sang many songs about the life of Christ and had actors giving little speeches in between. Our mission president actually ended up turning up to one of them, which was cool. 

Also, we got flu shots this past Tuesday, and many missionaries were there from other zones. It was pretty cool, because I was able to talk a bit to my trainer and my first zone leader, who are both going home very soon. It's weird to think that all the people that were there with me at the beginning of my mission are either gone or going home soon.

Well, with a new transfer, we got the news of who is staying and going and... Both my companion and I are staying! My companion only has three weeks left, so he'll leave halfway through the transfer, so we'll see what happens after that.

I guess the last thing to talk about is one of my favorite talks. It was by Mark A Bragg, and he spoke about the Light of Christ. The Light of Christ is in all things and in everyone's "Spiritual DNA". It is the tendency for all living organisms to do good, to have compassion, and ultimately, the desire we have to return home to our Heavenly Father, whether we know it or not. It is not the Holy Ghost, but even those who aren't members and haven't heard of the Gospel have it, and it is the Light of Christ that leads them to seeking and accepting the Gospel. How does this "Light of Christ" apply to members? Well, correct me if I'm doctrinally wrong, but, as members our "light" shines towards others. The more obedient we are, the more our light can affect others. So by simply growing your light, letting it shine, you're being a member missionary and those around you, even your neighbors, are affected and that's when missionary miracles happen.

Anyways, thanks for all your love and support!
Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment