Sunday, May 21, 2017

Transferred!

So Saturday night we had a conference call and that is when I found out that after 6 months of being in Windaroo... I'm leaving! I'm pretty sad that I only got to be with Elder Ahn for one transfer, we had an awesome time together and I was able to learn a lot from him! Well, now we're white-washing Holland Park, which is in the same stake that I started off in. My new companion is... Elder Tonga! From Tonga. Honestly my mind is a bit overwhelmed right now with all the information I've got to take in and stuff, so bear with me through this email...

Well my final week in Windaroo was good. I got to start it off on Monday with a mother's day call/skype! It was awesome being able to see and hear from my family (Shout out to my sister who woke up just to talk to me, thanks you!)! 

On Wednesday we had our p-day, but since we skyped we weren't allowed to email, hence the lack of emails from me. We were able to go to the temple though, which was awesome! It was crazy how much I learned from this visit, which made the long train ride there and back worth it. Yup, we had to catch the train, because they didn't want us getting stuck in traffic on the road. We also had a zone get-together after, where we played jeopardy, played some sports, and then ate a lot of food.

Other than that, this week was just full of door knocking, cleaning, and packing up for the transfer. We were able to find a new investigator though, Michelle, who has been taught by the missionaries in the past. She has been searching for the truth for a while, but she's afraid that if she "chooses" a specific church, it will be the wrong one and she'll be punished for it in the end, which is why she loves us teaching her but doesn't really want to come to church or be baptized yet. I'm no longer in Windaroo though, so hopefully my ex-companion will see some miracles with her!

Anyways, I guess the little message I want to share with you all is about Jesus Christ. I've been reading a lot about Him recently, and It's been awesome to learn more in depth about each and every parable, the miracles He performed, and the services He gave to others. He is the King of Kings, yet He was always serving, helping, and performed the greatest sacrifice that anyone could. So the message today is short, but important: Don't take the atonement of Jesus Christ, or His life and teachings, for granted. He is a God, who creates worlds under the Father's command, who can cause the dead to rise, the deaf to hear, the seas and storms to calm, and yet He became mortal, subject to death, and suffered the pains of all who have lived and yet lived, just so that you and I could have eternal life. He who had control over the elements, over life and death, gave His life for us. Pretty crazy if you think about it. So my invitation is just to remember Him this week.

Thanks everyone for your love and support, and thanks to the Windaroo members for taking great care of the missionaries there!
-Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment