Sunday, December 17, 2017

Going Home...

Worry not, I'm not the one going home! But, unfortunately, my companion is. Elder Banks completed his two years, and so this past week was full of preparations for him to go home! So we got to go to the temple on Wednesday, well, he did. In the meantime, Elder Pierce, who's companion is also going home, came with me and we went door knocking a bit in an area near the temple. We ended up running into a woman who used to be a Jehovah's Witness, and apparently her position was the biggest you could be as a woman, yet for some reason she left them. We were kinda worried she wanted to argue with us, but she ended up being very open to our message and we got to share the message of the restoration with her!

On thursday the mission got together for a Christmas Conference! We sang Christmas hymns in the beginning, and for the second half we got to have a lunch and listen to each zone sing a Christmas themed song that represented different cultures. There was African, Australian, Islanders, and more, and we were New Zealand. It was awesome being able to see old companions and friends and spend time just celebrating Christmas.

And on friday, I drove to the mission home and dropped off Elder Banks after saying our goodbyes. It was an awesome transfer, and he was a great companion, so it was a bit sad to see him go. Then Elder Pierce and I went back to my area, and went back to normal missionary work until today...

And now Elder Pierce and I have our official new companions! So I'm with Elder Martin, who's from Utah and is a really cool guy, so we're looking forward to working together! We'll have a lot of fun trying to figure out what we're doing and getting to know the area, since I've only been here for about a month. But yeah, that's about it for our week!

I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and I wont be emailing next week, since I'll be skyping my family!

Thanks for all your love and support!
Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment