Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Australian Dangerous Wildlife Tamer

While door knocking during in the heat of Australia, my companion and I saw a young magpie, stuck to the screen door of a house. It was losing energy and in panic. I heroically used the bird skills that I knew to free it from the door, and then walked to the end of the road to free it back into the wild, placing it on a tree. Then further down the street, as we proceeded to knock doors, we saw a bird cage outside, and it was empty. It finally clicked as to why the bird seemed a lot more people friendly than usual. So unfortunately, I did not tame a wild magpie, and now I could have possibly gotten it into more danger than it was in earlier. So we rushed back to the tree, retrieved the bird, and returned it to its proper house. So no, I'm not quite a tamer of the dangerous Australian Wildlife - yet.

This past week wasn't too exciting, so I don't have as much to email about. More stories from door knocking though. My companion and I finally found someone who was willing to talk to us. Unfortunately, the only thing he wanted to talk about was how the world was flat. It's an interesting topic to talk about though - are scientists trying to lie to us? Is Jesus Christ really just one of many sun gods? Is the moon a lot close than we think? Find out next time we talk to more flat-world enthusiasts.

I also got to witness someone get a "missionary pedicure". Some missionaries, due to the constant wearing of shoes and walking, get ingrown toenails. One of them needed me to take him to his appointment to get them fixed, since he wouldn't be able to drive home afterwards. So I got to witness, and take some pictures/videos, of tonails getting chopped and pulled, and other gruesome things. I wont go into detail, but it was pretty intense.

I myself got jealous of his pedicure, so I decided to have my own. When we went to a families house and joined their family home evening, their massive dog decided that my feet tasted good. So he started to chew my socks. Eventually he started biting a bit too hard, and my foot was getting slobbered on a bit too much, so I started grabbing the giant dog by the neck and trying to force it away. Eventually I had to sit on my feet for the rest of the meeting, because the moment it saw one of my feet free, it would come start chewing on it. Weird dog. It was a fun family home evening though!

I also played a bit of tag (with varying rules) with some of our recent converts, to teach a bit of a gospel lesson. They're aboriginal, and so they're very athletic and quick. After a while, my companion and I were sweating and slipping and tripping all over the grass in our proselyting shoes that have no grip whatsoever. The lesson that comes from the game is simple, but it will be our spiritual thought for the day. Our goal in life is to get to the safezone, where we can live with Heavenly Father forever. And sometimes we make mistakes, or slip, and get "caught". Fortunately, unlike the game, if we repent, it's like getting another chance to try again and race for that safezone. So keep getting up and trying again!

Thanks everyone for your love and support,
Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment