Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Another good week down under! Last week for pday was played some volleyball and table tennis with a couple other Elders, and that was fun.

Also, random door knocking experience. Because there is three of us in this companionship, we only have 2 of us go to knock on a door and one stays back and watches us. As Elder Karina and I come back from a door, our third companion zooms towards us on some random kid's scooter he found lying in the yard. As we knock the next door, she asks him, "were you the random guy riding my son's scooter"? Turns out she saw him... in the end we taught her a lesson though, and had a good laugh. New door knocking approach found!

I also had a member from the Cook Islands sing me a song about how I need to learn how to sing and play the guitar on my mission... I don't think that's something that my mission President would want me to pursue on my mission.

Friday morning, we also got to play a bit of touch rugby with our Elder's quorum, and had a bit of a bbq after. Shortly after, we went and mowed someone's lawn and trimmed their hedges. We also got to play a bit with their dogs, two beautiful Siberian huskies. After the service, we got to have a little chat with the member we did service for, and got to hear stories of him out in the Australian bush as a kid, hunting buffalo with Helicopters and driving ute's through trees and bush. Pretty adventurous upbringing.

The rest of our week was filled with giving blessings, door knocking, and some teaching appoints! Nothing out of the ordinary. Oh, and a member gave us fish last night, so my companion cooked it up with some onions and coconut milk - yum!

Anyways, thanks for enduring through this unorganised random email, a lot of random things happened this week. Thanks everyone for your love and support!
Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment