Thursday, May 3, 2018

ANZAC

Another good week! Not too much to talk about. I got another fruit to try from one of the members (the one that's been giving us dragon fruit, panama berries, jack fruit, etc). This one was a custard apple - it looked pretty cool, and tasted pretty awesome. Sorry, that's about as exotic as most of the foods I try here are.

One Wednesday, at 3:30 am, we woke up to go to ANZAC day, where they commemorate the soldiers that fought from New Zealand and Australia in the war. It was a good experience, and quite an early start to the day, but worth it. Got back home in time to sleep for another 15 minutes before our morning alarm went off! The rest of the day was a bit of a struggle, it even included us helping a recent convert move houses! We got to life piano's, dump toys, destroy parts of a tree house, and clean windows! You can imagine how tired we were for the rest of the day - fell asleep pretty quick when we went to bed that night.

Another great service opportunity was when we got a call saying that a nonmember needed our help, due to her physical conditions, mowing her lawn and pulling weeds. Her son was a member so that's how she found out about us. We were able to help her out, and tried to teach her a bit. She's not too interested in having the discussions but we've been sneaking in little points of doctrine here and there, and we're hoping to go back again later to help her out!

Also found a new investigator, through a neighbour. She's a single mom from Poland and has had a tough life, but has turned her life around and is now seeking God. She talked a lot though about some conspiracy theories and her opinion on what the Book of Revelations, in the bible, means. Taught her about Priesthood authority though, and how Christ established His church on the earth.

I'd have to say though, that the highlight of the week was watching one of my companions, Elder Karina, receive his patriarchal blessing! I don't think I've ever been able to hear one besides my own, and so it was a wonderful experience! And no, I wont be sharing any details, but that's probably a moment on my mission that I'll never forget.

Before I close off, next week I'll probably be emailing on Thursday, but it's not confirmed yet. Thanks everyone for your love and support!
Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment