Thursday, July 28, 2016

Aloha!

So, this is my last week in the MTC! If everything works out, I should be leaving next week Monday! There has been a lot to take in and learn. One cool thing I was able to experience was being able to sing in the MTC choir for this band called the Nashville Tribute Band (I think). I think they're all members of the church, and they came and performed at a devotional, singing songs (mostly country songs) about the church, Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, going on missions, and more, and the MTC choir was able to provide a bit of background singing for some of the songs, which was pretty cool.

I've also been getting along with my district pretty well still, and we're all going to miss each other once we all leave, but we're pretty excited to get out into the field. We've had some awesome teachers too, who have taught us so much more about how to teach and about the gospel, it's really mind blowing and an eye opening experience when we realized how much we didn't know. 

There isn't much else left to share I guess, I don't have any in-the-field stories like the other missionaries, but I guess I'll just share a little bit about the Devotional we had on Tuesday. We got to hear Elder and Sister Conde speak (not sure if that's how you spell their name). One thing sister Conde said was that the most powerful teaching tool is our testimony so use it often. A real testimony borne of the spirit can change lives, and our testimonies can influence our every choice.

Hopefully I'm out somewhere in the field the next time I email you all
-Elder Ho

Here is a picture of our district:




No comments:

Post a Comment