Thursday, July 21, 2016

Hi everyone! Sorry, I don't have much pictures at the moment, so I wont be sending any yet. Anyways, I've made it through the first week.

To start off, the language is tough. It's a real struggle, and I can't even teach the first lesson in Australian yet. It's rough.

Also, my district and zone is pretty awesome. In my district there 4 sisters and 8 elders, and we all get along really well. We've shared many great times and spiritual experiences already, like giving the sisters blessings or listening to amazing testimonies/experiences from our teachers. My companion is Elder Richins, from Utah, and my two other roommates/district members are Elder Picket and Elder Hymus, and they're all awesome. We all help each other be obedient, work hard, and focus when we need to. 

A cool experience I got to have was at our Sunday devotional, where we got to watch Elder Bednar speak in a video titled "The Character of Christ", or something like that. It was a super helpful and inspiring video, and fun fact: it can't be watched anywhere else but in the MTC I think, because he is addressing specifically the Missionaries. At least, that's what they told us. After the video ended, everyone stood up, and right in front of us was Elder Bednar and his wife, and some of his other family. I could have walked 20 feet and shook his hand (which probably wouldn't be appropriate in the middle of a devotional). Don't worry, I didn't, but I wanted to. He allowed us to ask him questions, and he and his wife and son would answer them, which was super awesome. Don't get too jealous lol.

Anyways, the MTC is good. I'm learning a lot, and the spirit here is awesome, and so are the people, but I feel like I'm in a box and just want to get out into the real mission world, but that's still in less than two weeks. It must be crazy for the Elders that have to stay here for nine weeks. The food is ok, another fun fact: don't drink the orange juice. I never have and I never will, we don't even know where that stuff comes from or what's wrong with it. Just don't drink it. Also, believe it or not, I'm in the MTC choir. That's not the end though; we're singing country songs. Who would have thought I'd do that. Not me, but whatever. It's a cool experience, and although most of us probably can't sing, it's still pretty fun. 

Also, I was able to visit the temple today and do a Session, which was pretty cool. It's a little different from the Hawaii temple, but it's really nice. It makes me miss waking up early to work in the Laie temple, but it's fine, I've got other things the Lord wants me to do. Hopefully I've covered everything, if not, I'll send it in another email or next thursday (my next P-day).

-Elder Ho

BTW, here's the mailing address I think

Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84602
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment