Sunday, August 14, 2016

Hi Everyone!

So this is my first normal P-Day. It's only been about three or four days since my last email, so there isn't a whole lot to cover. I guess I'll start with who I've been teaching and stuff like that. One of our investigators is an 8 year old boy, Tua, and his mom will sit in on the lessons. We have to really simplify and take the lessons slowly since he's a kid, and it's way different from teaching adults, but it's a good experience. His mom seems to be supportive of what he's learning so far. Another one of our investigators is Delane and Stephanie (not sure if that's how you spell their names), who are planning on getting baptized right after they're married, which is in a few months. The main thing that we have to talk to them about is the importance of the Sabbath day, since their kid is in rugby and it's a huge thing here, so when Sunday games happen that takes #1 priority. I haven't actually gotten to teach them yet though, so far we've just talked a bit at the door and tried to set up a time to meet. Another one of our investigators is Tammy, who's husband is a member. He's taught her a lot and she's basically read all of his preach my gospel book, so we are really just reviewing lessons with her and trying to finish everything that we need to finish for her baptism, which is on the 27th. She's really excited to get baptized, and she's already sharing the gospel with her family and friends. Other than that, the ward is good. Everyone's been nice and friendly to us, and the members that I've met so far are really good. It's kind of a small ward though, and we don't get too many referrals from them.
I think one of the lessons that I've learned on the mission so far is to appreciate certain things more. One of those things is church. Church used to be a really long three hours for me that would sometimes seem to drag on, but now I really enjoy those three hours and it's kind of like a time to rest and focus on church and nothing else but church. And we get to sit down for the majority of it, which is nice since we spend hours each day walking from door to door and knocking on them. I've also learned to appreciate the birds back home, which have really nice and simple chirping sounds. It sounds kind of crazy, but after spending some time here, you really get irritated by the birds. There are certain ones who are really defensive of their kids, and will make super loud obnoxious noises if you get to close, kind of like an alarm. There are also kookaburras here, which sound like crazy monkeys. And the crows make weird sounds too. Every bird here makes weird, loud, abnormal sounds. I also appreciate some of the American snacks we have. The ritz crackers here taste weird, and there are many snacks that I miss and haven't seen in the stores here. Well, talk to you all again later, thank you for all your support! Sorry for the short email too, hopefully I'll have more to cover next Monday.
Sincerely,
Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment