Sunday, October 16, 2016

End of Transfer Two!

So I'm nearing the end of my second transfer! That also means that I'll be done with the "twelve week training" program we have to do as missionaries. It's crazy to think that at the end of this week, I'll have been in Australia for two transfers. Anyways, this past week was pretty good, with it's fair share of ups and downs. What my companion and I have noticed is that the Lord has been blessing us, especially when we continue to be diligent when things start to go south. Our small teaching pool is starting to grow, which is awesome, and this week we've had four new investigators! We found them all through door knocking, and they seem pretty interested, so hopefully we can start teaching them more and get to know them a little better. Another one of our investigators is a young boy, and his parents invited us over for dinner, which was a surprise! They're from New Zealand and cooked us some really good food, like "fried bread", or something like that, which tasted pretty amazing. They also asked us a lot of questions about what we do as missionaries. Anyways, I don't really have any cool stories to share or any crazy experiences that happened this past week, but I'll end it with a spiritual thought.
In Doctrine and Covenants section 6, verse 33, it says "Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward". I think sometimes in life we get a little anxious of scared to do certain things, like missionary work or standing up for our beliefs. I know that before I came on the mission, I never really invited any of my friends to church or church activities, being worried about what they would say or think if I did. Even if the people we associate with never get baptized, or even accept our invitation, we're considered successful if we just put forth an effort to help them and invite them to come unto Christ. Heavenly Father see's that effort, whether we are successful or not, and will bless us. There are "good rewards" for the good that we do.
Thanks everyone for all your love and support,
Sincerely
Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment