Sunday, October 23, 2016

New Transfer, New Companion!

So today is the start of my third transfer in Australia, and I've got a new companion! His name is Elder Westbrook and he's from Utah, but I don't know him too well yet since I've only been with him for about 2 hours. My Trainer, Elder Dunlop, is now a District leader in another zone. Elder Westbrook has been out for eight months I think and was in the Chinese speaking area, so I think it's kind of weird that they put him with me in an English speaking area. I'm pretty excited to get to know him though, and I'm looking forward to this upcoming week.
Well, this past week was alright. It was a busy week, we had meetings, another deep clean for our flat, and a missionary fireside on Sunday. We've been doing a lot of driving and door knocking this past week, but many people weren't home so the days seemed to kind of drag on. The missionary fireside was pretty awesome though. We heard from Elder Nielson (of the Pacific area presidency?), and he talked about the Book of Mormon and how powerful it is to share you favorite Book of Mormon scripture with people. He had a few missionaries, his wife, and the Mission President and His wife share their favorite Book of Mormon scriptures and why it was their favorite. Just sharing their favorite scripture really taught us a lot about each person, and invited the spirit into the room. It was a pretty powerful meeting.
One scripture I heard recently which I like goes something like "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind; be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord". I don't think that's the scripture word for word, and sorry, I can't remember where it's found, but I like that scripture a lot. It reminds us that the Lord is here for us and has given us a powerful spirit, and so we shouldn't be afraid to stand up for what we believe in and for His teachings. That is something that I'm slowly learning to apply more each and every day while out here on the mission.
Thanks everyone for all your love and support!
Sincerely,
Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment