Sunday, December 4, 2016

New Area!

So this is the start of my fourth transfer, and I'm out of Capalaba area! I'm now in the Coomera Zone, in the Windaroo area. I think my trainer served in this area too. I don't know too much about it, besides the fact that our apartment's pretty small and has one small fan just for the bedroom. And I hear that the climate is only going to get more hot. Anyways, I'm excited to meet new people and try new things in this area!

My new companion is Elder Tiaihau, and he's from Tahiti. I think I've only been out three weeks longer than he has, so we're both still learning. So far that's really all I know about him. 

Anyways, this past week was good. We have been visiting many members, sharing about the #LIGHTtheWORLD initiative, and also talking about how they can do member missionary work. We've really been getting to know the youth in the ward too, and have been helping out in young men's classes. We also got a mini missionary, Brother Hilliar, from another stake. He stayed with us from thursday night to sunday night, and it was a lot of fun having him around. We talked a lot about Australia, and the Australian accent, and movies, and missionary work of course. He's a calm and quiet guy but he has an awesome testimony!

Anyways, I've got a lot to do today, and I'm still trying to figure out these new library computers, so I'll end the email with a quick quote (heard it from my first district leader, not who it's really from): "There's no comfort in the growth zone, and no growth in the comfort zone". If we really want to grow and progress in any aspect of life, we've got to get out of the comfort zone. I'm still working on that though.

Thanks for all your love and support!
Sincerely,
Elder Ho

Oh, and since I'm in a new area, I can finally use computers that can send pictures. So here's some pics from the last three transfers:




This is part of the Mangakahia family and my companion, Elder Westbrook:



Same family, but with my trainer, Elder Dunlop.

I'd send more, but they take a while to upload, so I'll send more next Pday.

No comments:

Post a Comment