Sunday, August 27, 2017

Table Tennis!

This week was a bit more exciting than usual, so there should be more to email about...
First off, we had tradeoffs with the zone leaders this week! They're currently in a trio, so I got to go with Elder Bullock and Elder Tuitama. They've also started to do work in Capalaba, which was the area that I started in, so for the morning we got to spend a few hours in there trying to visit some former investigators and less actives. Some things have changed, some things haven't. It's was really weird to be back in that area again, and seeing some of the people that I used to know. Oh, also, we started our tradeoffs by meeting at the stake center, where they were just finishing up a fireside with a guest speaker: John Bytheway! For those that don't know him, he's a very popular Mormon speaker, and although I didn't get to talk to him, we were able to get catch a slight glimpse of him, so now I can say I've seen him in person.

I also just thought I'd let you know, that no later than 3 hours after emailing you all last week about locking ourselves out of our flat, we locked ourselves out again. We were too ashamed to call the zone leaders again though (hopefully Elder Hymas doesn't read this part of the email), and we managed to use our great intelligence and criminal skills to break in again. I was pretty proud after to be honest.

We also had a zone conference this week, with trainings from President and the Assistants all about the Book of Mormon and it's importance. We talked about how it's the keystone of our religion and there was a lot of other inspiring stuff, which is too sacred to write in this email (I actually forgot to bring my notes, sorry). But one thing our President challenged us to do is to read the Book of Mormon (a fresh copy) and highlight every time a reference to Christ was made, or to Prophet (in honor of President Monson's 90th birthday). So if your not all already diligently reading the Book of Mormon, I invite you to take that challenge too!

And, just like the title says, we got to play Table Tennis! Or Ping Pong, if that's what you call it. It was pretty fun, there were quite a few good players there. Bishop had pulled a muscle in his leg a few weeks ago, but was still able to absolutely smash everyone. And we also were able to bring quite a few less actives and nonmembers, who all enjoyed their time there! 

The Book of Mormon thing was kinda my spiritual thought, but I'll just end this with a quote that I got this week. When it comes to our testimony of the Gospel, my advice for you is to "stay strong, stay classy". (Ironically advice coming from a member who's not active, but still great advice for us all).

Hope you all have a good week! Thanks for your love and support!
Love,
Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment