Thursday, March 9, 2017

Another Week in Australia

First, sorry for not emailing on monday, they moved our P-Day to friday since we were going to the temple today. 

So it's been another usual week I guess. The only exciting thing about this past week/week and a half is that Asa, the boy we've been teaching, is planning on being baptized on the 1st of April! So we're really looking forward to that! In the mean time we've just been doing door knocking and searching hard for new investigators.

Anyways, I can't think of much else to email, my mind is blank right now, so I'll just leave the rest of the email for a spiritual thought...

The spiritual message I want to share today is about charity! In the bible, I think in corinthians, there is an entire chapter on charity, and it says that among faith hope and charity, charity is the greatest. It says that even if we are miracle workers, even if we prophesy of the future, or do other great things like that, it's all meaningless if we don't do it out of charity. Charity, or a sincere love for those around us, should be the motive for the good that we do. Without charity we can't make it to the celestial kingdom. If we're doing good only for popularity, greed, or other similar motives, then we are doing it for the wrong reason. As a missionary I've noticed that the missionaries that I admire the most are the ones who work out of charity. Many of them aren't leaders, or well known on the mission, some of them haven't had as much success as they deserve, but what I really admire about them is their sincere love for those they serve. Regardless of the outcome, regardless of who knows and sees, they teach others and serve others with great love. That's something that I really need to work on; having charity for others. So, it might sound weird, but I put a coin in my shoe to remind me, every time I step on it, to love others. When I'm door knocking, I'll be reminded that these people are my brothers and sisters, and to love them. When I'm walking into a less-active's home, I'll remember to make sure I'm there for the right reason; because I love them. So I'll just leave an invitation with you all, you don't have to put a coin in your shoe but try to figure out a way to remind yourself throughout the week to have charity, even for those who you don't know to well, or maybe don't get along with.

Thanks for all your love and support!
Elder Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment